Cancer- the most dreaded yet common word off late! Cancer is the term given to the uncontrolled proliferation of abnormal cells in the body. There is a myriad of cancer these days but breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women. It starts when the cells of the milk-producing glands in the breast tissue undergo mutation or change and keep dividing without any pause.
The rapidly dividing cells then form a cluster of cells which in turn is known as a tumor. A tumor turns malignant if it spreads to other parts of the body. Most breast cancers are diagnosed in women over the age of 50 as in the case of Malini.
Although the symptoms of breast cancer can vary from one person to another, the common ones are as follows:
- New lump in the breast with or without pain.
- Red, thick and scaly nipple, an inverted nipple or any kind of discharge from the nipple.
- Change in breast size or shape, especially one breast.
- Swollen lymph nodes under the arm or around the vicinity of the collarbone.
- Redness or unusual warmth.
- Breast skin may look like a dimpled orange skin.
Studies have identified many hormonal, environmental and lifestyle factors that contribute to the development of breast cancer. There can be a number of inherited genes that have mutated increasing the chances of breast cancer in few women.
Some of the common risk factors for breast cancer are as follows:
- Increasing age
- Radiation exposure
- Commencement of your period before 12 years of age
- Having your first child at an older age
- Alcohol consumption
- Postmenopausal hormone therapy
- Having never been pregnant
- Women with cosmetic breast implants. Implants can cause changes in the breast tissue and mask the cancer during screening.
The treatment of course includes chemo therapy and preventive surgery wherein women with very high risk of breast cancer, have their breast surgically removed. Any woman who is concerned about a lump in her breast should see the doctor immediately to rule out any chances of breast cancer.
It will be so great if there was a magical ingredient to cut out the chances of developing breast cancer. There is a product from Bagdara Farms called Carcirid which boasts of many properties to fight off the radicals causing breast cancer and also combat the side effects of chemotherapy.
You have to read about the action of curcumin and turmerone in Carcirid to believe its powers in fighting cancer.
- First of all, curcumin helps in maintaining the normal signaling and growth of cells, thus preventing the occurrence of cancer in the very first place. Due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, curcumin can also prevent the normal cells from turning cancerous by fighting off the free radicals produced in the body due to many oxidation processes going on.
- Curcumin and turmerone also prevent the further growth of the tumor preventing cancer to move onto later stages.
- Induction of the pro-apoptotic genes in the breast cancer cells and kills them, thus healing cancer as well as its symptoms.
- The cytostatic effects of curcumin and turmerone to cause a break in the important steps of cell division of cancer cells stops the process and does not allow further growth of the cells.
- In breast cancer patients, curcumin inhibits the spread or metastasis of cancer cells to other parts of the body. Since the spread and growth of cancer cells have been stopped it gives more time for the therapy to act on the existing cancer cells eliminating them completely.
- All the characteristic symptoms of breast cancer can be comfortably dealt with owing to the anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin and turmerone. It does so by nullifying the effect of inflammatory cytokinesCXCL-1 and 2 in the cancerous tissues.
- Multidrug resistance can be a huge problem in treating breast cancer as the cancer cells being treated with chemotherapy fail to respond. Curcumin has the ability to not only overcome the drug resistance but also help in faster treatment in the bargain.
- Curcumin can also prevent the recurrence of breast cancer once the therapy is over by regulating cell division, cell death, signaling and inflammation in cells.
- The healing properties of curcumin and turmerone in
Carcirid needs no introduction as they help in faster-wound healing, pain management, fight depression and postoperative fatigue. It also prevents the chances of developing cardiovascular and respiratory problems commonly seen in patients after breast cancer surgery.