Ever wondered after seeing bent fingers in someone? Yes, you got it right, it is arthritis in most of the cases. Arthritis is a chronic autoimmune condition that causes inflammation in the lining of the joints. Being an autoimmune disorder, it causes the immune joint is where two or more bones meet like knees, fingers, shoulders, etc. They hold them in position and allow their free movement. system of the body to attack the cells of the joints leading to their degeneration.
What is a Joint?
The inflammation is very painful and at times can even cause the joints to get disfigured leading to the loss of ability to function to a large extent. It can affect any joint in the body and mostly affects women. Mostly found in adults aged 65 years or older but cases have been observed wherein even children have been affected.
The most common form of arthritis is osteoarthritis. The other related conditions are fibromyalgia, gout, psoriatic arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, spondyloarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis along with lupus or SLE can affect many organs and cause many symptoms in the body.
Early Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis:
- Morning stiffness
- Limited motion
- Numbness and tingling sensation
- Swelling and stiffness in joints
The symptoms can vary from time to time and even day to day. Being overweight can be quite problematic for arthritic patients as it puts more pressure on the joints resulting in more pain. There are wide ranges of pain relief option in case of arthritis like NSAIDs ( non- steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) and creams that can be rubbed into the affected area. If all the other ways of pain controlling fails in case of arthritis, then the doctor may advise a possibility of a surgery.
Turmeric is a golden yellow spice which has been used commonly in Asian cooking for centuries now. It is obtained by powdering the root of a plant called Curcuma Longa. According to Ayurveda, it is bestowed with many magical healing and medicinal properties. It is used to treat a number of diseases from cough and cold to the dreaded ones like cancer. The main component in turmeric that helps to fight inflammation is curcumin but it is present in a very small percentage.
Calmya from Bagdara Farms is a potent product which is enriched with 100% organic curcumin grown in the laps of nature to help arthritis patients go about.
Listed below are some of the Benefits of Curcumin in Calmya to Treat Arthritis:
- Calmya has curcumin which is a great anti-inflammatory agent and helps tremendously in controlling the joint inflammation in arthritis. Research has shown that curcumin blocks certain enzymes and cytokines which lead to excess inflammation.
- Free radicals are produced as a result of the oxidation process that takes place in our body. Since curcumin is a great antioxidant, it helps to scavenge all the free radicals that can give rise oxidation resulting in arthritis.
- Curcumin in Calmya can inhibit the excess activity and production of cyclooxygenase- 2(COX-2) and 5- lipooxygenase (5-LOX) that lead to increase the levels of inflammation in the body especially the joints.
- Our immune system protects us from the microorganisms and diseases but in case of arthritis, the body’s very own immune cells start taking the other cells as foreign and kill them. The immunomodulatory action of curcumin takes charge here and keeps the immune system under check and modulates its actions.
- No matter which joint arthritis attacks, it causes intolerable pain to the patient. Curcumin is considered to be more effective in relieving pain in comparison to any Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent without any kind of side effect. It slows down the degeneration of tissues in the joints which can lead to pain. Moreover, NSAIDs can adversely affect the kidney and liver in the long run.