Women all over the world enjoy using beauty and skin care products. Step into a Sephora store and you will see gaggles of women, giddy with joy, cramming their shopping baskets with products meant to make them look prettier and more youthful. But, have you ever stopped and wondered what goes into those bottles of beauty potions?
What magical substances come together to form products that can reverse age or cure acne or get rid of excess oil? Studies prove that an average woman ends up using 12 beauty products a day, exposing herself to 168 chemicals! It is horrifying to know that on a daily basis women are unknowingly subjecting themselves to such a whopping number of harmful chemicals, all the time thinking that they are improving themselves when in reality they are voluntarily causing great damage to their bodies.
- One of the most deadly ingredients of beauty products like lotions, creams, shampoos and makeup is paraben. It is a known carcinogen and has a structure very similar to estrogen. It can increase the chances of breast cancer manifold. Even in men, parabens can cause a decrease in sperm count as well as reduced testosterone. Parabens have also been linked to birth defects in babies.
- Soaps, shaving creams, eye makeup and sunscreens tend to have a component known as ethanolamine which usually consists of small amounts of nitrosamines. These chemicals are known to cause respiratory problems as well as toxins that can trigger various forms of cancer.
- Nail polishes are huge carriers of harmful chemicals like formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasers. This chemical can cause major damage to the immune system as well as cause cancer.
- Most anti-microbial soaps contain a chemical known as Triclosan. This substance is known to cause mayhem in the endocrine system of our body. Thyroid, testosterone and estrogen imbalances can be triggered by it causing early puberty, infertility and obesity.
The list of damaging elements that go into that tub of body butter that you so like, is never-ending. So, isn’t it perhaps a better idea to trade all those chemically created personal care products for natural substances that can give you as good skin like any other chemical equivalent? One of the leading substances in natural skin care is Curcumin. The chief component of turmeric, curcumin has a plethora of properties that are ideal for providing the protection you need for your skin.
Some such benefits of Curcumin are:
- If excessively oily skin is your problem, curcumin can come right to the rescue. Curcumin is known to contain fatty acids and phytosterols which can bring down the excessive levels of skin oils thus making the skin free of that annoying oily sheen. This also helps in preventing clogged pores that can cause acne.
- Too much sun can be harmful for the skin and can eventually lead to melanoma. In the short term, it can cause faster aging, freckles, patchy skin and lowered skin elasticity. Radiation from the sun increases the creation of an enzyme known as MMP-2 in the body which adversely affects the collagen present between the top and the middle layer of the skin. Curcumin regulates the activity of MMP-2 and can thus help in protecting the skin from the sun’s radiations.
- Curcumin has several unprecedented anti-inflammatory, antioxidant an antiseptic properties that make it the ideal ingredient of any face/body mask. The inflammation that is caused by allergies and dry skin and acne is soothed by a curcumin mask while the antioxidants in it reverse all damage caused to skin cells by internal as well as external factors.
- Curcumin has very strong anti-bacterial properties that help in preventing an aggregation of body odor causing bacteria in places where there is excessive sweat like our armpits. If the over growth of such bacteria is curbed, body odor is automatically curbed too.
Bagdara Farms is a stretch of verdant farmland in the heart of India’s central region – Madhya Pradesh. It is situated in the idyllic surroundings of the Bandhavgarh forest and it is from this most natural and pure location that one of the most potent curcumin supplement – Dermaturm comes to our doorsteps.
This supplement is produced specifically for your skin related troubles. With all the powers of curcumin packed in a jar, Dermaturm comes with a guarantee that it will get rid of all your skin related troubles and give you the much-needed relief from synthetic cosmetics and personal care products.