Summers have begun in the Northern part of India and so has the influx of those awful pests – mosquitoes! Here in Delhi, every year, there is a huge epidemic of sorts of diseases caused by mosquito bites. Chikungunya, Dengue, Malaria – these are names of diseases that make even the bravest souls feel a shiver run down their spines. Despite several efforts done by government authorities, there are always those who fall prey to the bite of the female Anopheles or Aedes mosquito. Last year in our apartment building there were two people who came down with severe cases of dengue.
One of them was a pregnant woman who suffered a lot of complications as a result of contracting dengue at such a critical time. What was most terrifying was the fact that this was despite all the fumigation that was being done almost every second day around our buildings, the additional medicinal spray that was being done inside coolers and water tanks inside houses and all the informational material that was being circulated to warn people about dengue and chikungunya and to inform them of ways to prevent contracting these conditions.
Dengue, for the uninitiated, is a viral disease that is caused when a person is bitten by an infected female Aedes mosquito. Generally, the signs of dengue start to show up after almost 14 days of being bitten by the infected mosquito. Every year there are almost 20,000 dengue-related deaths in the world. This goes to prove that this condition reaches almost epidemical proportions every year.
The symptoms of Dengue are
- Sudden onset of high fever
- Excruciating headaches
- Pain that originates behind the eyeballs
- Very painful joints and muscles
- Nausea and vomiting
- A typical skin rash
- Dipping blood pressure
So far, in India there is no vaccine that can prevent dengue. In addition, there are no antibiotics or drugs that can cure dengue. Once infected the best thing one can do is drink enough fluids and rest up. This is perhaps why many people are turning towards natural remedies to fight this terrible malady. One such natural substance used to prevent as well as treat dengue is curcumin. Curcumin is the substance that gives turmeric that characteristic golden hue. It is also a powerhouse of therapeutic properties.
How Curcumin helps to Treat Dengue are as follows:
- A study conducted by Padilla-S L and team (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24081825) found that curcumin has the ability to suppress the infection process of dengue virus. This happens thanks to the effect of curcumin on the cellular systems like cytoskeleton, the apoptosis process or the system of ubiquitin-proteasome.
- In another study conducted by scientists in the city of Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo, proves that when curcumin is mixed with water in which the larvae of the infected female Aedes mosquitoes are breeding, it killed all the insects within 8 hours of exposure to the sun. This is because the larvae of the Aedes mosquito are highly sensitive to photodynamic effects of curcumin. When curcumin water is ingested by the insects, it causes production of singlet oxygen molecules which damages the digestive tract of the insects.
- Curcumin has very strong anti-inflammatory properties that help in soothing all forms of inflammation that are caused as a result of dengue. Muscle and joint pains can be toned down by drinking a glass of warm milk with curcumin and honey. Similarly fatigue and exhaustion can also be targeted by regular consumption of curcumin. Additionally, since NSAIDs are not given when a person is suffering from dengue, the best alternate option for treating the painful symptoms is curcumin which is found to be just as effective as any regular NSAID.
- Curcumin has natural immunity boosting properties. Curcumin has the ability to boost the white blood cell count in the body which helps in fortifying the body’s immune system. Additionally, curcumin is also known to soothe inflamed white blood cells and nurse them back to health. It also improves the metabolism which helps in fortifying the immune system.
Immunoturm is a great supplement brought to our doorsteps by Bagdara Farms. It is made using very high-quality curcumin that is grown locally at Bagdara. This curcumin is not just organic, it is also devoid of any chemical residues since absolutely no synthetic pesticides or fertilizers are used while growing it.
Immunturm can be consumed by people of all age groups without the fear of any side effects. Regular consumption of this wonderful supplement will keep your immunity at an all-time high thereby making you much more resistant to viral or bacterial infections. Also, if you have already contracted dengue then Immunoturm will help your body cope with the symptoms and fight the diseased tooth and nail leading to a full, complication-free recovery.