Imagine a fortress which is guarded 24/7 by a battalion of armed guards who are ready to fight off any intruders who threaten the safety of the fortress and its residents. The fortress is your immune system and the guards are the leukocytes or white blood cells that form an integral part of the immune system. Our body is a wonderfully crafted machine which possesses a multi-layered defense system.
- The first, most basic layer is the physical barrier which keeps pathogens out of the body. This barrier includes our skin, the small hair in our nose, etc.
- In addition to this, there are mechanical barriers that help in expelling pathogens that have breached the physical barrier and entered the body. These chemical barriers are processes like sneezing, urinating, tears, vaginal secretions, etc.
- Inflammation is also a by-product of the body’s immune system fighting against infection. It is caused when the body produces chemicals known as cytokines to pull immune cells to the region that is infected and aid in the healing process of the damaged tissue.
- White blood cells or leukocytes are responsible for locating the attacking pathogens and then killing them.
- Lymphocytes are a special kind of leukocytes that are produced in the bone marrow. These cells are carriers of receptor molecules that can spot specific pathogens and annihilate them.
It is thus very important to have a strong immune system that can keep infections at bay.
If you have low immunity, you will see the following signs indicating the same:
- Falling prey to infections and allergies often is a first indication of low immunity
- The body’s inability to produce a fever to fight invading pathogens is a sign of low immunity
- Poor digestion and chronic stomach-related issues can also tell you that you have a compromised immunity.
If you have seen any of the above three symptoms frequently, you may want to consider taking a natural curcumin-based supplement that will boost your immunity and help your body’s natural defense system function more efficiently. Immunoturm is one such substance that has been specifically created for those who have a weakened the immune system. Developed by the folks at Bagdara Farms, Immunoturm is made using curcumin that is grown locally using organic farming techniques. Bagdara Farms is a venture that is devoted to the production of high-quality curcumin and supplements made from it. The curcumin grown here is devoid of any chemical residues and adulterants since absolutely no synthetic fertilizers or pesticides are used while growing it.
Immunoturm can help in fortifying the immune system in the following ways:
- Curcumin can help in improving the body’s antibody response. The antibody response is the action taken by the immune system against infection causing pathogen. It involves surrounding the pathogen and then decomposing it using the antigen-presenting cells or APC.
- Curcumin is a fantastic broad-spectrum anti-microbial agent. It has even shown good results when used to treat antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- A research team at Oregon State University has conducted a study that proves that regular consumption of curcumin can considerably boost the first layer of the immune system which is the innate immunity. Our body fights off pathogens by producing a protein peptide substance known as cathelicidin or CAMP. Curcumin has the ability to boost the production of CAMP which is a very strong pathogen-fighter and helps in warding off bacterial, fungal as well as viral infections.
- Curcumin positively affects the growth and activity of various different immune cells like leukocytes, lymphocytes, etc. It balances the reaction of these cells towards infection-causing substances thus ensuring that the body is able to fight the pathogens without any excessive inflammation or distress.
- Curcumin is good for the gut. It promotes the growth of healthy micro-flora in the gut which helps in keeping the digestive tract in good shape. It also prevents the proliferation of germs from the undigested food in the intestines to the stomach thus avoiding infections.
- Curcumin helps in elevating the mood by hiking the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. When the body is anxiety free it tends to be in a more restful state which ensures better sleep. This helps in fortifying the immune system further.