The major job of a liver in our body is to act as a filter for the blood coming from the digestive tract before it eventually passes to various parts of the body. It is also involved in bile production, metabolism of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. It also excretes an excess of hormones, cholesterol, and bilirubin. Did you know that with the assistance of vitamin K, the liver produces certain proteins important for the clotting of blood in case of an injury? After knowing all its functions, we can imagine the vital role that the liver plays in keeping us in good health.
The best way to keep the liver in a healthy state is to avoid any liver disease.
Listed below are some of the ways in which Liver can be kept healthy.
- Eating a well-balanced diet– include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet. Avoid refined carbohydrates like bread, pasta, etc. Having an adequate amount of dairy products and good fats also helps. Drinking enough water keeps the body hydrated which keeps the liver active.
- Healthy weight- Exercising regularly helps in keeping the weight under check which in turn helps to reduce liver fat. A person who is obese runs a high risk of suffering from nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Avoiding exposure to toxins- Many chemicals and toxins from insecticides, cleaning products, cosmetics etc can harm the liver cells.
- Control alcohol intake- Alcohol can damage the liver cells and even scar the liver beyond repair in the long run.
Some of the Food Items that if taken Regularly help in the Maintenance of Liver Health.
- Green leafy vegetables– spinach and other greens contain essential vitamins and antioxidants which help in proper functioning of the liver.
- Carrots and beetroots- the essential nutrients in carrots and beetroots protect the liver from any kind of damage and also prevent liver toxicity.
- Apples– There are many substances in apples which help to keep the liver in good condition. The polyphenols help to keep the fat levels in the liver under control. Pectin also helps to nullify the effects of toxins and various carcinogens.
- Curcumin – It is another substance which is catching up quickly on promoting liver health. Curcumin is a polyphenol which is found in turmeric. It is a great antioxidant which helps to detoxify the liver. As a great anti-inflammatory agent, curcumin also helps to bring down excess levels of inflammation which can damage the liver.
To reap the maximum benefits out of the curcumin, it is important that we use good quality curcumin. Bagdara Farms has the best quality curcumin which is 100% organic and grown without the use of any kind of pesticides. Don’t forget to add a pinch of black pepper to the curcumin to increase its bioabsorption in the body.