We owe it to ourselves to take good care of this wonderful gift called life and also the beautiful body granted to us by the supreme. It is and should be our life goal to take care of each and every part of our body be it our skin, hair, inner organs, and our million dollar smile.
Ironically for most of us, good oral care means regular brushing and we forget that our mouth includes gums, mucosal lining, the lining of the cheeks and tongue backrest and micro-organisms can multiply there leading to infections. Maintaining good oral health regimen is an important health goal, one which each one of us needs to follow and observe judiciously. Failure to do so opens the Pandora’s Box of dental issues which are quite honestly very painful and yes treatment is expensive.
If you are fortunate then negligence might lead to simple health problems like cavities or yellowing of teeth, but when one disregards oral health completely then serious problems like cysts can develop.
Oral cysts are pouches of tissue generally filled with liquid made up of clear component of blood called serum. Often the fluid is sterile but with neglect it may develop an infection and fill up with pus which is referred to as an abscess.
Oral Cysts Can Affect Any Of The Tissues Of The Mouth Including:
- Mucosal lining of lips, cheeks and oral cavity
- Tooth roots
- Jaw bone
- Salivary glands
The Cysts Are Generally Divided Into Inflammatory Cysts Or Developmental Cysts.
Inflammatory cysts are the most common of jaw cysts and the arise is associated with non-vital tooth:
- Radicular cysts ( Periapical): Most common cyst found in the mouth happens due to infection in the tooth pulp.
- Residual cysts: Once the non-vital tooth from which it arose is removed, periapical cyst remains. Odontogenic keratocyst previously considered inflammatory cyst is now termed as odontogenic tumour.
Developmental cysts include:
- Dentigerous cysts: Associated with unerupted tooth, grow in the tooth follicle and often go unnoticed as they cause no pain, usually involves the lower wisdom tooth and the upper canine tooth.
- Eruption cysts: Minor tissue forms of dentigerous cysts, most often burst simultaneously.
- Soft tissue cysts: Mucocele occurs when the salivary duct ruptures due to trauma, it is painless growth which ruptures on its own. Renula might continue to grow and form a lump that usually occurs on the floor of the mouth.
The biggest concern is that oral cysts are asymptomatic and generally diagnosed accidentally on a radiograph showing radiolucency.
As it is slow in growing, it may grow to a large size before showing these symptoms:
- Discharge usually into the mouth
- Pain due to secondary infection
- Ill-fitting denture
- Bone expansion/swelling
- Distortion of adjacent structures
- Mobile teeth/ non vital tooth
- Difficulty in natural movement like opening of jaw
- Change in nature of pain from mild aches to a constant and sharp and shooting pain
All These Signs Imply That You Could Experience Secondary Effects On Jaw:
- Jaw asymmetry
- Pathological fracture of jaw
- Secondary infection and numbness ( if nerve is compressed)
One May Develop Cysts If One:
- Bites lips (mucosal cysts)
- Bites cheeks
- Accidental rupture of salivary glands
- Tooth has grown incorrectly
- Appearance of infection in a tooth channel due to poor oral hygiene
- Chronic diseases like sinusitis, rhinitis and tonsillitis
- Weakening of immune system reducing the ability to fight infection
- The trauma of a tooth or jaw
If left untreated oral cysts can lead to serious oral problems hence it is better to nip a cyst in the bud by seeking timely treatment from your doctor to prevent severe damage and complications as mentioned above.
To help you take care of your oral health in the true sense and to fend off all infections Bagdara Farms have just the product for you.
- Oromin is 100% organic and enriched with high Curcumin content
- Curcumin in Oromin has pharmacological properties.
- Curcumin in Oromin has anti-inflammatory properties, which reduces the swelling and checks inflammation.
- The anti-microbial property of Curcumin in Oromin not only kills but prevents the formation of plaque.
- The anti-oxidant property of Curcumin in Oromin checks the growth of free radicals.
- Curcumin in Oromin also has potent anti-cancer properties, which help prevent and check the formation and growth of cancer cells.
- Oromin also has analgesic properties providing relief from pain.