It all starts with just a puff and just a peg! A curious mind wants to know everything and experience everything: all at the cost of your health and life. Amongst all the cancers, oral cancer is also catching up with a very high pace owing to many reasons. Oral cancer belongs to a larger group of cancers called head and neck cancers; mostly developing in the cells of the mouth, lips, and tongue.
The different types of oral cancer are as follows:
- Inner Lining Of The Cheek
- Floor Of The Mouth
- Lips And Tongue
- Hard And Soft Palate
Individuals who are at a higher risk are the one who uses tobacco, drink excessive alcohol, has HPV infection or a family history of head and neck, excessive exposure to the sun, a weakened immune system, and poor nutrition. Being a male puts an individual at more risk to oral cancer. The unfortunate part is that oral cancers are detected only once they spread to the lymph node which is detrimental to the clicking away time.
Some of the symptoms experienced by oral cancer patients are as follows:
- Bleeding In The Mouth
- A Sore On The Lip Or Mouth That Refuses To Heal
- An Overgrowth In Part Of The Mouth
- A Lump In The Neck
- Loose Teeth
- Pain While Swallowing
- Numbness In The Lips, Face, Neck Or Chin
- Pain In The Jaw Or Tongue
- Excessive Weight Loss
There Are Four Stages To Oral Cancer And The Good News Is That It Can Be Cured If Detected During The Early Stages.
- Stage 1: The cancer has not yet spread to the lymph nodes during this stage and the tumour growth is 2cms or lesser.
- Stage2: In this stage too, the cancer has not spread to lymph nodes but the size of the tumour increases to 2-4 cm.
- Stage 3: This stage can have two possibilities. Either the tumour has grown larger than 4 cm but hasn’t spread to lymph nodes or irrespective of the size of the tumour; it has spread to the lymph nodes but not to any other part of the body.
- Stage 4: When tumours of any size have spread to the lymph nodes and the tissues in the vicinity.
In case of any growth or lesions, the diagnosis for oral cancer is done by brush biopsy or tissue biopsy along with other tests like X-ray, PET scan, CT scan, endoscopy and MRI scan depending on the part of the head or neck. The treatment for oral cancer like radiation therapy and chemotherapy come with many side effects like tooth decay, nausea, jaw stiffness, skin and mouth infections along with thyroid changes.
Patients with advanced stages of oral cancer may also require reconstructive surgery after the treatment. The treatment sounds as scary as the symptoms of the very disease. What can be done in such a situation?
The answer is Oropharynx . This exclusive product from Bagdara Farms is non- GMO and is enriched with the goodness of curcumin and turmerones. It is processed organically maintaining the highest standards of manufacturing minus the use of any form of chemicals.
Listed below are some of the benefits of curcumin and turmerone:
- HPV, which is one of the causative agents of oral cancer. The antiviral and anticancer properties of curcumin have proven to be beneficial for controlling the growth of HPV in the long run. It turns down the expression of HPV in infected oral cancer cells by decreasing the levels of cellular transcription factors AP-1 and NK-kB.
- Curcumin plays an important role in boosting the immune system thus preventing any further secondary infections along with oral cancer.
- Owing to its anti-inflammatory action, curcumin binds to an enzyme called IKK, from activating a transcription factor called nuclear factor kappaβ which promotes the growth of cancerous cells.
- The cytokines in the saliva that help in feeding the cancer are significantly reduced in patients who regularly consumed curcumin by blocking the cell signaling pathway, thus preventing the cancers of head and neck too.
- Curcumin and turmerone can reverse the toxic effects of cancer-causing agents, thus helping in preventing the growth of cancer in the very first place.
- The magical anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin can also help in providing relief to the painful symptoms of oral cancer.
- The antimicrobial properties of curcumin and turmerone can also counter the growth of pre-cancerous lesions and stop them from growing into full-fledged cancer.
It is recommended that one uses the product on a regular basis for a month to see positive and visible results.