Most people worry about getting a good night’s sleep as it helps them stay alert and active during the day. There are some who find it difficult to stay awake during the day, these people are battling hypersomnia.
Hypersomnia Disorders Pointers:
- Nearly half of all adults will have symptoms of hypersomnia disorders at some point.
- This group of sleep disorders involves excessive sleepiness during the day
- People with this disorder sleep more than 9 hours during the day
- It is not linked to a disturbed night’s sleep
- People with hypersomnias can fall at inappropriate time and anywhere
There Are Different Types Of Hypersomnias:
- Narcolepsy: Most common of the hypersomnia when one fells overwhelmingly tired with sudden uncontrollable sleep attack. It can impact every aspect of your life as it can happen at any time of the day. A rare occurrence in children and though it might run in families it is not linked to genes.
- Narcolepsy Type1 excessive daytime sleepiness with one or both of the following
- Cataplexy-Attacks that cause sudden loss of muscle
- Low or absent CSF hypocretin-1 levels (caused by deficiency of hypocretin
- Narcolepsy Type 2 excessive sleepiness but no cataplexy
- Idiopathic hypersomnias: Daily periods of irrepressible need for sleep 12-14 hours of sleep in a day, the cause of this hypersomnia is unknown.
- Kliene –Levin syndrome: Involves recurrent episodes of excessive sleepiness and sleep duration, each episode persists for 2 days to 5 weeks and they occur at least once a year.
- Insufficient sleep syndrome: Failure to get enough sleep at night leading to sleep deprivation and making you listless during the day
- Long sleeper; regularly sleep more than the others in their age group
What Causes Hypersomnias?
Primary hypersomnia: If it is not caused by another medical condition or medication
Secondary hypersomnia: Brought on by other disorders or medications like-
- Reaction to a medication
- Psychiatric disorder
- Reaction to medications
Risk Of Developing Hypersomnias Increases With:
- Low thyroid function
- Certain brain functions
- Kidney conditions
- Untreated sleep apnea
- Shift work can also cause the disorder
- Hypersomnia also puts your as well as your near ones in danger especially while driving or walking in publc.
If the symptoms persist a consultation with your doctor is warranted who will ask you to maintain a sleep diary, multiple sleep latency tests and monitored nap during which your sleep is monitored.
He might also conduct a polysomnogram or overnight sleep measuring heart rate.
With Soja-a, from Bagdara Farms one does not need to worry about sleep related problems.
- Soja-a, has been crafted with the greatest care under strictest conditions to maintain the integrity of the ingredients and also ensures that the potency and purity of the product are not compromised in any way.
- Soja-a is 100% organic with a high curcumin content making it the most efficacious product against all sleep-related problems.
- Being curcumin enriched Soja-a exerts potent anti-oxidant properties which relax and soothes enabling you to sleep better.
- The anti-oxidant properties of Curcumin in Soja-a fends off free radicals thus ameliorating stress and when you are relaxed thus preventing hypersomnia.
- Curcumin in Soja-a is an efficacious anti-inflammatory which combats all forms of inflammation.
- Soja-a fends of allergens courtesy the anti-septic and anti-biotic property of Curcumin which might make one restless.
- Soja-a enhances hypocretin secretion thus preventing hypersomnias.
- When you include Soja-a in your diet it affects your sleeping patterns positively.
- Curcumin in Soja-a, reduces blood sugar levels helping you relax.
- Soja-a, with its high curcumin content, plays a proactive role in keeping your mood uplifted, by enhancing brain chemicals like nano adrenaline and serotonin and also increases the production of dopamine which controls our reaction to pleasure or pain. This uplifts your mood and staves off depression which could be a trigger for hypersomnias.
- Soja-a gets rid of allergies that may offset restlessness due to the potent anti-septic and anti-biotic properties of Curcumin present in Soja-a
- Soja-a can have a positive effect on sleep patterns if taken as part of the diet.
- Soja-a, not only soothes the nerves but also helps in lowering blood sugar levels thus relaxing you.
- Soja-a boosts the immune system and helps one sleep better.
- The anti-oxidant property of Soja-a helps in detoxifying the liver thus ensuring smooth digestion and helping one sleep better.