We live in a world and society mired in myths and beliefs that have been passed down from one generation to another.
Some of our misplaced beliefs:
- All your health problems happen because of alcohol
- If you have a cough you are a smoker.
- You eat fried food you will get pimples.
- You must drink a lot of milk to be healthy.
These are just some of them and each time there is a health issue we have someone or some habit to blame. We fail to look at the root cause of a problem and keep addressing the fringe issues and haven’t we always been told that if you want to cut out evil kill the cause. Somewhere in all that was told to us and all that we practice the lines have got blurred and we are fighting a losing battle against health problems.
We need to first accept that not all our health problems can be pointing at genes or alcohol or smoking, if we want a healthy life we need to follow a healthy lifestyle. A few minor changes in our lifestyle and we would be free of a lot of worries.
Our changed lifestyle affects all parts of our body and our liver is no exception. The largest organ in our body is responsible for processing everything that we eat ( hence our lifestyle and diet has the worst effect on out liver) Our liver is susceptible to various conditions and each one of these conditions affects our life.
Our liver is covered with some amount of fat but if the fat accumulation becomes too much then one is in for health issues
Fatty liver of hepatic steatosis is a reversible condition which can be checked by making a few lifestyle changes.
The damaged cells of the liver are usually repaired by the liver by building new cells but if the damage is extensive then permanent scarring happens which is known as cirrhosis.
The condition can become life-threatening if the underlying cause is not addressed and corrected.
The Warning Signs of Fatty Liver
The biggest problem is that there are no visible signs that could warn you off
So minor niggle need to be looked into. If you feel fatigued or experience abdominal discomfort which could lead to liver enlargement.
Your doctor might detect it during a physical exam.
Excess fat will lead to inflammation in the liver and then the following symptoms may appear
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Abdominal pain
- Physical weakness
Fatty liver might progress to cirrhosis and in liver failure. You must watch out for:
- Jaundice and yellow eyes
- Enlarged , fluid filled abdomen
- Growing tendency to bleed easily
Why would excess fat accumulate in your liver?
Again our belief that alcohol is the reason, it is a big reason but not the only cause. Non-drinkers get fatty liver too.
Fatty liver is the result of your body developing too much fat or not being able to metabolize it quickly. The extra fat gets deposited in the liver cells and one gets the fatty liver disease.
The other common causes:
- High level of fat in the blood or hyperlipidemia
- Rapid weight loss
- Side-effects of medication
Types of fatty liver:
Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
The liver faces problems breaking down fat leading to lipid buildup, this is not because of alcohol.
Alcoholic Fatty Liver:
This is the first stage liver diseases related to alcohol as liver is damaged due to heavy drinking. The condition can be rectified if one abstains from drinking.
Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) and Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
Fat build up leads to swelling of the liver and if the cause is not alcohol it is called Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). The disease tends to impair liver function and the symptoms
- Appetite loss
- Abdominal pain
Acute Fatty Liver in Pregnancy
A rare condition which is life-threatening and is the result of complications during pregnancy
The signs appear in the third trimester
- Pain in the upper right abdomen
- Persistent nausea
These conditions /factors increase your risk of developing a fatty liver:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Excessive alcohol use
- High cholesterol
- Metabolic syndrome
- High triglyceride levels
Your doctor will conduct a physical exam and run tests like blood tests, imaging, liver biopsy.
To manage the conditions:
- Lose weight
- Control sugar intake and saturated fatty acids
- Manage cholesterol
- Control blood sugar
- Limit alcohol usage
The one thing to remember that the condition is eversible and will not always progress to liver diseases, and to help you in that quest Bagdara farms have Livturm.
How Livturm helps in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver
- As it is 100% organic there are no side-effects.
- Livturm is Curcumin enriched which has powerful anti-inflammatory properties thus checking all inflammation that might cause problems.
- The high Curcumin content in Livturm detoxifies the liver by flushing out toxins.
- Our product boosts anti-oxidant defenses and help the liver carry out the detoxification
- Livturm regulates and reduces blood sugar levels and protects the liver.
- Curcumin in Livturm builds the body’s immune systems thus making it strong and also strengthening the genetic defenses
- Livturm enhances bile production, thus helping fight the ill-effects of excessive alcohol.
- As it is enriched with the wonder organism Curcumin, which is a potent detoxifying agent, it will destroy the toxins and ensure that your liver is in perfect working condition.
- Curcumin’s anti-oxidant property gives a boost to the immune system thus making it an ally to ensure that your immune system is always fighting fit to for any eventuality.
- Livturm keeps the LDL level in check thus ensuring that you maintain a healthy weight always.
Proof of curcumin’s efficacy in protecting your liver, Click here
A research conducted by Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences in Iran, and published in the journal Drug Research showed that participants who took 1000mg of Curcumin daily( split into two doses)showed positive results in the following areas:
- Reduced levels of liver fat
- Reduction in body weight
- If liver enzyme levels were above normal they were under control.
- Reduced cholesterol
- Reduced waist circumference
Curcumin in Livturm reduces inflammation by obstructing several pathways and also by lowering inflammatory enzymes and inactivating Hepatic Stellate cells. By doing so it brings down inflammation and also gives relief from pain
With livturm root out the cause of your liver problems and that is possible when you make changes in your lifestyle too.