A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. Indeed, rightfully so! A healthy body starts with maintaining an ideal weight according to age, height, and gender. Some individuals are blessed to have a great metabolism and don’t have to worry too much about maintaining an ideal weight while others are not so lucky. They have to strive very hard to keep the weight off them. Moreover, being overweight or obese can be an invitation to countless diseases. In fact, in countries like the US, obesity is turning out to be an epidemic.
How would you define obesity? Obesity is defined as having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more. In simpler terms, obesity means having too much body fat and it happens over a period of time when ne eats more calories than being used. What is so alarming about being obese? It is considered a chronic disease like diabetes and high blood pressure.
There are Many Factors that can Lead to Obesity like:
- Genetic makeup: Genes play a vital role in deciding the metabolic rate, storage and distribution of fat in the body.
- Lifestyle: The eating habits and level of physical activity also decide the number on the weighing scale. Overeating and a sedentary lifestyle also contribute to obesity.
- Gender: More muscle mass in the body can burn more calories. Since men have more muscles than women, they tend to use more calories than women.
- Emotions: Depression, loneliness, anger, boredom, unhappiness and hopelessness are some emotions associated with overeating. These feelings influence the eating habits of obese people and they take food as a comforting and healing factor.
- Age: With age, the metabolism of the body starts slowing down and so does the capacity to exercise, both of which contribute to weight gain.
- Medical conditions: Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), Cushing’s syndrome, hypothyroidism, osteoarthritis and intake of steroids, anti depressants and birth control pills can also lead to excessive weight gain and obesity.
- Inadequate sleep– not getting enough of snooze can cause hormonal imbalance that makes one more hungry and crave for unhealthy high calorie food.
- Pregnancy– It can be a cause of weight gain and lead to obesity for some women as they may find it difficult to lose weight.
What Are The Complications Associated With Obesity?
Being obese is just more than weighing more than your ideal weight. Having a high ration of body fat to muscle can put unnecessary strain on the bones and internal organs like ovaries. Excess weight is also associated with increased levels of inflammation in the body which can ultimately lead to cancer. Listed below are some of the other complications associated with obesity:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gall bladder disease
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Cancers like colon cancer, breast cancer)
- Fatty liver disease
- Breathing problems like sleep apnea
There Can Be Many Medical Solutions To Obesity Like:
- Weight loss surgery– Also known as bariatric surgery, work by limiting the amount of food that one can eat. Along with this surgery, the patient has to bring about many healthy changes in his lifestyle too.
- Lifestyle and behavioural changes– A planned exercise and diet plan can help in weight loss.
- Medical weight loss– It involves taking prescribed weight loss medications to suppress the appetite or prevent the absorption of fat in the body.
All the above treatments and plans for bringing down the body weight come with their own share of side effects like gas, changes in the bowel movements and some that can be life-threatening too many times. How great it would be to get a natural and healthy alternative to losing weight? 3X-Trimfat, an innovative product from Bagdara Farms, aids in weight loss with the help of magical properties of curcumin and turmerone.
- Adipose tissues are the fat storing tissues in our body. Out of the brown and white adipose tissue, the latter is the major site of fat accumulation in the body. Curcumin lands into action in this situation and prevents fat accumulation in adipose tissue and also decreases the size of adipose tissues. It also increases the rate of fat loss.
- Curcumin and turmerone can also help in weight loss induced by diet.
- The process of burning fat can be increased by curcumin as it causes the browning of fat storing white adipose tissue to energy liberating brown adipose tissue.
- Thermogenic action of curcumin can help to increase the metabolic rate which results in the body burning more calories even at a state of rest.
- The antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties of curcumin and turmerone can reduce the inflammation caused due to obesity, thus cutting out the risk of many obesity-related diseases like diabetes and heart diseases.
- Curcumin can also causes a reduction in depression related to obesity owing to its anti depressant property.