Our hands and feet would be nothing much without our nails, as they are what give that personality to our hands and feet. A perfect coat of glossy nail paint and they are good to go, so our nails could be the crowning glory for our hands and feet. Like all parts of our body the nails are prone to problems too sometimes, it is just brittle nails or crooked nails, which can be taken care of easily but when the problem is a little more serious it calls for special measures too.
Just like all other parts of our body, our nails fall prey to fungal infections too.Fungi are usually present in or on our body alongside bacteria but when the fungi begin to overgrow one develops a fungal infection.
Onchomycosis (tinea unguium) is a fungal infections that affect fingernails or toenails.As fungal infections develop over a period of time, at times the signs are subtle to be obvious so one fails to notice them.
Why Does It Happen?
Fungal infections of the nail happens when fungi overgrow in and around your nails and it is a well-known fact that fungi thrive in moist dark and warm environment. Once they get favorable conditions the fungi overgrow and your toenails are more susceptible to fungal infections as your feet are most ensconced in shoes where they(fungi) get the perfect condition to grow.
There are many kinds of fungal nail infections and they are preventable but some factors put you at risk of getting the infection. These are:
- Disease that causes poor blood circulation
- Wear artificial nails
- Use a public swimming pool
- Nail injury
- Injury on skin around the nail
- Moist fingers or toes for an extended period of time.
- Weakened immune system
- Wear closed shoes
If You Have Fungal Nail Infection These Are The Visible Signs:
- Scaling under the nails called subungual hyperkeratosis
- White or yellow streaks in nails called lateral onchomycosis
- Crumbling corner or tip of nail called distal onchomycosis
- Appearance of yellow spots at the bottom of the nails called proximal onchomycosis
- Loss of nail
More Common Signs:
- Distorted nail that may lift off from the nail bed
- Odour from the infected nail
- Brittle or thickened nail
It is imperative that you consult a doctor if any of these signs are visible, your doctor will scrape off the nail and study it under the microscope for correct diagnosis and will inform you of the following preventive measures:
- Use antifungal spray and powder regularly
- Wash hands after touching infected nails
- Get manicure and pedicure from safe places with high hygienic standards
- Avoid moving barefoot in public places
- Wear socks that minimize moisture.
If not treated at the right time, it can lead to cellulitis.
As we maintain that with Bagdara Farms you do not have to worry about any condition or problem as we are continuously evolving and creating products to tackle every single problem that might affect you at any point of time.
- Dermaturm is one such product which has a high Curcumin content make it the most efficacious and dynamic way of treating fungal infections naturally without any side effects.
- Curcumin in Dermaturm is a powerful anti-fungal agent and is known to be mercurial against 23 known virus species.
- Dermaturm kills viruses and also strengthens your immune system against such viruses.
- Curcumin in Dermaturm inhibits the growth of dermatophytic fungi responsible for skin infections.
- Curcumin in Dermaturm inhibits the growth of yeasts and dermatophytes owing to its anti-fungal and anti-microbial property.
- Owing to its high nutritive fiber it also strengthens nails and cuticles(gives extra nutrition) making them strong against infections.
- The anti-oxidant property of curcumin in Dermaturm prevents oxidative stress and damage by killing free radicals.
- The anti-oxidant property of Dermaturm also counteracts the damage caused by continuous contact and exposure to chemicals and surfaces in the environment.
Scientific Proof Of Curcumin’s Efficacy Against Fungi
Brazilian scientists studied the effectiveness of Curcumin against 23 strains of fungi found that Curcumin completely inhibited the growth of candida albicans . The study also revealed that Curcumin was much more potent against the fungi than the most prescribed over the counter medication fluconazole.
- The potent anti-microbial property of Curcumin enables it to invade the cell of a bacteria and annihilate it from the inside.
- The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant property of Curcumin helps the skin heal quickly.
To get optimum benefit of Dermaturm:
Take ½ tsp. of Dermaturm with a pinch of black pepper ( to enhance Curcumin absorption) boiled in 1 cup of water. Take it twice a day.
Try this turmeric home mask for your nails
Take 3 tbsp. coconut oil and 3 tbsp turmeric powder (Selfieme-10X), heat and keep stirring continuously till a creamy mixture develops. Take it off the heat and apply on your nails and feet for 30 minutes.
Wash off, use it regularly to get rid of fungal infections.
All These Remedies Will Only Work If You Take Care Of The Following:
- Wear good quality and well-ventilated shoes
- Wear clean dry socks.
- Do not share nail clippers, socks, shoes, soaps, towels.
- Improve your diet to fortify your immune system.
Get set for happy and healthy nails with Dermaturm.