Summer has arrived early in India this year. The sun is already starting to burn viciously during the day, scorching anyone who dares to venture out. While the sun initially felt quite nice after the cold winters, it has started showing its true colors.
Just a few hours of exposure to its penetrating radiations can adversely affect the delicate human skin. Most people suffer from these sun radiation-related problems without even knowing what the underlying cause is.
Some of the most common sun-related skin problems are given below:
1) Prickly Heat – Prickly heat occurs when the sweat ducts on the skin get clogged leading to trapped sweat. This causes small red bumps all over the affected area. These bumps are usually itchy and show up in areas where there is excessive sweat like folds under the chin, armpits, back, neck and shoulders.
2) Folliculitis– This occurs when the tiny sacs on our skin that produce hair get infected. The root cause of folliculitis is usually a fungal or bacterial buildup. It is caused by dirty razors, excessive shaving, Sweating too much during the summer also causes folliculitis. High chlorine content in swimming pools also causes this skin condition.
3) Body Acne– Excessive sweat during the summers causes over production of sebum which leads to clogged pores that eventually become pimples. Acne on the back, arms and shoulders is common during the summers.
4) Razor Burn– Men and women both tend to shave more often during the summers Razor burn is a result of this excessive shaving. It occurs when a razor is used to shave too closely or when a blunt razor is used. Razor burn appears in the form of small red bumps that flare up when exposed to chlorine in swimming pools or salty sea water. Razor burn can also cause ingrowth of hair which can cause secondary infection and inflammation.
6) Hyper Pigmentation – Exposure to the ultraviolet radiations of the sun as well as the heat leads to over-production of melanin in certain areas of the skin. This causes an uneven skin tone, age spots etc.
If someone were to tell you that there was a natural remedy that has proven to be an effective solution to all summer-related skin problems, won’t that make you very relieved?
The answer to our summer worries is Curcumin.
Curcumin is a natural phytochemical found in turmeric and is the chief reason for all the healing properties exhibited by turmeric. In all the above-mentioned
Curcumin can be very helpful in skin problems during summers as given below:
- Prickly Heat – Owing to its potent anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, curcumin can help clear out prickly heat rash. A simple paste of curcumin powder mixed with a few drops of water can be applied to the affected area and left for half an hour. This can then be washed off using plain water.
- Folliculitis – Curcumin with baking powder forms a potent combination. The combined disinfectant nature of these two substances helps in decimating the bacteria growing within the hair follicles. Additionally, the anti-inflammatory nature of curcumin helps in toning down the itching, redness and the swelling.
- Body Acne – A cooling paste made using aloe vera gel and curcumin powder can be applied to the affected areas for quick relief from acne. This pack has anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help in routing out acne.
- Razor burn – The irritation, itching, and redness caused by razor bumps can be smoothed using a simple curcumin paste made using just curcumin powder and a few drops of water. The antiseptic and anti-microbial properties of curcumin help in clearing the infection.
- For hyperpigmentation, a face pack that consists of Curcumin powder mixed with milk and saffron can be regularly applied on the pigmented skin to lighten it. Curcumin is known to inhibit the production of melanin (skin darkening pigment) as well as the enzyme responsible for producing melanin. This leads to a lighter skin tone.
Most people tend to be very careful while picking out something that they are going to use on their skin, and, rightly so. Our skin is a delicate organ that can get easily damaged. When using curcumin powder on your skin it is important to ascertain that it is natural, unadulterated and organic.
Bagdara Farms offers an organic curcumin supplement called Selfieme-10X that is all natural and free of any chemical residues. It is grown at Bagdara using completely organic methods and can be safely used on the skin to treat your summer-related skin issues.